Donald Igbokwe, BA (Hons), MA, CIP, RCIC
Donald is the President of George Donaldson and Associates Inc. & One world Immigration Consulting Services which provides all lines of immigration services. With more than 33 years of experience in volunteer service in various capacities most of them at Board level, his passion to serve humanity started in India when he began actively serving as a director of Internationalism with Chandigarh City Jaycees. He founded the Chandigarh International Jaycees chapter in 1984 and volunteered on Social Justice and advocacy issues while studying at Punjab University.
In Canada apart from having served on various committees in the industry representing CAPIC and the Immigration consulting profession, he has championed and participated in numerous multicultural and MultiFaith programs at various levels of Canadian Society.
Educational qualifications include:
- M.A. Public Administration, B.A (Honours) Public Administration
- Claims Major, (C.I.P) Chartered Insurance Professional, Insurance Institute of Canada
- Advanced Diploma in (ADR) Alternate Dispute Resolution- joint program from Windsor University Law School & Stitt Feld Handy Huston.
- Graduate of York College of Industry and Technology Immigration Consulting Diploma
Current Volunteer services:
- President Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants (CAPIC) Sept. 2016-present
- Stakeholder Committee Member of Immigration and Refugee Board consultative committee on practices & procedures (CCPP) IRB.
- Member Diversity Advisory committee to Chief of Police, Durham Regional Police Services
- Member CAPIC & ICCRC Joint Policy & Liaison Committee
- Member of the advisory committee Office for Refugees Archdioceses of Toronto ORAT Scarborough
- Vice Chairperson of Kawartha Lakes Regional Multifaith Committee, Ontario
- Chairperson of Durham Region Multifaith World Religion Day Committee
- Member of COFAA Durham, community of Faith against Aid in Africa
- Stakeholder Member of Regional Consultative committee, Immigration Appeal Division of IRB
Volunteer Services and non-profit boards served in Canada.
- Team Lead Ajax Pan Am-Bassador Volunteer for July August 2015 Games
- Oshawa Pan-Am Ambassador July – August 2015
- Ethno cultural Member of Local Diversity and Immigration Partnership Council (LDIPC) 2014-2016
- Volunteer Content Contributor, Durham Immigration Portal 2010
- Secretary Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants (CAPIC) & Chair GNC 2009-2013 & May 2015-August to Sept. 2016.
- Chair Education & Training Committee CAPIC May 2015-Sept. 2016
- Vice-chair Policy & Lobbying Committee May 2015-2016
- Member Audit & Finance Committee CAPIC May 2015-2016
- Former Board member, treasurer & Secretary Clark Museum and archives, Clarington
- Multicultural Council of Oshawa Durham
- Former Board member (SLIRIC) Sierra Leone Immigrant Resettlement and Integration Center
- Vice President Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants (CAPIC) Ontario Chapter
- Former Policy Coordinator & Member of Kawartha Lakes Regional Multifaith Commit-tee, Ontario
- Chairperson of Policy and Lobbying committee Ontario Chapter of Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants.
- Volunteered and served at the World Aids Conference in Toronto 2006.
- Volunteer with Host program, Community development Council of Durham
- Member Advisory committee to Pickering city Blooms
- Board member ICCAD, Indo-Canadian Cultural Association of Durham Inc.
- Member of Bahá’í Business Forum, a professional non-profit association of men and women of various faith groups practicing and promoting moral and ethical values in business.