As per CAPIC By-Laws Section 8.2. CAPIC membership is divided into classes as follows:
- Registered Members – Voting members who are Members in Good Standing of a body designated by the minister under the relevant section(s) of the IRPA or the Citizenship Act as the regulator of immigration consultants or citizenship consultants;
- Associate Members - Non-voting Members who are Authorized Representatives or Regulated International Student Immigration Advisors, or persons who play a legitimate role in the Immigration industry, such as agents and employees of Authorized Representatives, entities, and persons acting on the entities’ behalf, acting in accordance with an agreement or arrangement with Her Majesty in right of Canada per relevant section(s) of IRPA;
- Student Members – Non-voting Members who are enrolled in an educational program approved by the regulatory bodies of authorized representatives designated by the Minister under the relevant sections of IRPA as the regulator of immigration consultants; and
- Honorary Life Members – Non-voting and fee-exempt Members who are nominated by the Board of Directors as deserving of recognition and a lifetime distinction for their outstanding contribution to the profession of immigration consulting.
- Honorary Registered Members -- Registered Members who are fee-exempt, as determined by the Board as deserving of recognition and distinction for their outstanding contribution to the profession of immigration consulting. All obligations and rights of Registered Members shall apply to Honorary Registered Members, with the exception of membership fees. Honorary Registered Members shall automatically become Honorary Life Members upon retirement from the profession of immigration consulting