RCIC Entry-to-Practice Exam Preparatory Course
Next Exam: October 3rd and November 7th, 2021
The upcoming course will begin on August 20th.
CAPIC is once again pleased to bring the RCIC Entry-to-Practice Exam prep course to graduating students from ICCRC-approved practitioner courses. This intensive 10-day, 35 to 40-hour course is intended to be a review of relevant legislation and programs, and will end with a 3-hour mock exam. Students will learn and review exam writing tips and should complete the course having been updated on relevant immigration material required for the RCIC Entry-to-Practice Exam exam.
Sessions will include interactive, lecture style presentations, and example questions*. There will be ample time for discussion and questions.
The ICCRC has recently performed an overview of their RCIC Entry-to-Practice Exam. The 3-hour, 140 multiple choice question exam will be based on knowledge, application of knowledge, and critical thinking skills. The 140 questions will be based on 70 independent questions and 70 scenario-based questions.
As such, we’re revamping our own 140 questions to reflect these changes, and we're adding nuggets of knowledge and information to our already jam-packed 35-40-hour preparatory course. Be part of the journey with CAPIC, as you get ready to write your RCIC entry-to-practice exam.
*The sessions will not be recorded.
Aspiring RCICs must have graduated within the last 3 years from an approved ICCRC college and be at least 18 years of age to attend the Full Skills prep course. Attendees must be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or Registered (Status) Indian within the meaning of the Indian Act (Canada). The course will be taught in English so it is expected you will understand and participate accordingly. Must be registered for the ICCRC EPE licensing exam to be eligible to register for CAPIC’s EPE Prep Course (Gold members may attend CAPIC’s Prep Course without registering for ICCRC’s licensing exam).
Upon successful registration, the following registrants are required to send the followings to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 2 days before the event:
- CAPIC student members: RCIC Entry to Practice Exam registration confirmation email received from the ICCRC.
- Non-members and students: A copy of your official ID and forward the RCIC Entry to Practice Exam registration confirmation email received from the ICCRC, with your official government-issued ID attached.
- CAPIC student Members $390
- Non-Members $590
- Gold-Members $0 (Webinar Only)
- Hierarchy of Law and Courts Regarding Constitution and Canadian Charter
- Immigration Refugee Protection Act and Regulations
- Case Law
- Applicable Operation Manuals and Bulletins
- Fee Schedules
- Temporary – TRV, Super Visa, Visitors, Students, TRP
- Workers R 186, R 203, R 204, R205 Caregivers, IEC, Open Work Permits
- Permanent Residents – FSW, CEC, FST, Plus Express Entry, Caregivers, TRP Class
- Business Class – Self-employed, Start-Up Visa
- Family Class – Sponsor, Applicant, and Exceptions
- Admissibility: Remedies – TRP, ARC, Rehabilitation, Deemed Rehab
- Refugees – Various Divisions and Roles, Rules of Jurisdiction, Time Frames
- Eligibility, 96 + 9, 108, Safe 3rd Country
- Humanitarian and Compassionate Grounds
- Residency Obligations and PR Cards
- PNPS, Quebec Program
- ICCRC Code of Professional Conduct with Review on Key Sections – Retainer, Client Account, Ethics, Agents
- 140 Question Mock Exam + Review
"The notes and presentation materials helped me to answer many questions. The teachers are immigration practitioners in the field, so their knowledge is current and practical. I strongly recommend my classmates who are preparing for the ICCRC exam to take this course" - Alice
"CAPIC’s Full Skills Exam preparatory course course was very well-prepared, with great new study materials delivered through the convenience of the internet by excellent, experienced immigration law professionals" - Khalid
To register for this course, you will need to sign up. If you are a member or have a non-member account with us, click "Log In" on the same page. Click the "Events and Registration" tab and scroll down to locate "Right to Entry Practice Exam prep course 2020-10".
Plus Guest Speakers!
Please see below for the schedule:
|Friday August 20 - Ethics||5:30pm to 10pm Eastern Time|
|Sunday August 22 - Fundamentals and inadmissibility||10am to 5pm Eastern Time|
|Tuesday August 24 - Family Class, and H&C||5:30pm to 10pm Eastern Time|
|Friday August 27 - Temporary||5:30pm to 10pm Eastern Time|
|Sunday August 29 - Economics||10am to 5pm Eastern Time|
|Tuesday August 31 - PNPs||5:30pm to 10pm Eastern Time|
|Thursday September 2 - Caregivers, citizenship||5:30pm to 10pm Eastern Time|
|Wednesday September 8 - Tribunals||5:30pm to 10pm Eastern Time|
|Saturday September 11 - Tribunals/final review||10am to 5pm Eastern Time|
|Sunday September 12 - Mock Exam and review|
11am to 6pm Eastern Time
*For webinar attendees, note that these times will change depending on your geographic location.