Frequently Asked Questions
Can't find the answer you're looking for? Contact us Today.
Through web interface:
- Log in to your CAPIC Connect Dashboard and select “IMMeForum 2.0”.
- You can sort the messages “By Category,” “By Topic,” and “By Chronological Order” at the top.
- By default, the messages are sorted by category. There are six main categories: “CAPIC Announcement,” “Permanent Residency Categories,” “Temporary Residency Categories,” “Refugee/Appeals/PFL,” “Industry,” and “Others.”
- Select a subcategory to display the five most recent topics. Select “View All Posts in This Category” to view all the topics.
- Select a topic to read related messages. Select “Back” to return to the previous screen.
- You can view all the topics you have posted or responded to by clicking on “My Posts.”
- You can tag messages by opening the message and clicking “Tag It.” You can aslo create a tag name and select an associated colour. Once a tag has been set up, click “Save Tag.”
- Once you have tagged a message, you can click on “Back” or use the message sorting buttons at the top to return to the main page.
- To search for a tagged message, click on “Search” to enter the tag name or select the tag colour, then click “Search.”
- You can also use the search option to perform a keyword search. Use the “From Date” and “To Date” options to narrow down the search results.
- To post a new message, click on “Post New Message.” You are required to select the category of your message on the download list and specify the subject of your message. An attachment can be added via the “Browse” button. Acceptable document types are Microsoft Office documents, PDF files, and JPEG images. Please ensure your file is safe from virus/spam ware.
- To access the main CAPIC Connect menu, click on the menu button at the top, next to “CAPIC IMS.”
- Enter the topic as the subject line of the email.
- Enter the message as the content of the email.
- Send the email to email@example.com. The email must be sent from the email address saved in your IMMeForum Email Subscription Preference.
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link that will redirect you to the category selection page. This page will allow you to select the category your message will be posted under.
- You are only required to select a category when posting a new topic. If a category is not selected, the message will not be posted. You are not required to select a category when responding to existing topics.
- You can reply to IMMeForum messages by replying to the email message you received from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It is recommended that you set up your email account to redirect all emails from email@example.com to a separate mail folder or tag.
To change your email settings:
- Click “Settings” and enter your new email address.
- You can choose what type of email notification you receive under “Send me an email for.” Select “None” if you do not wish to receive emails from the IMMeForum.
- Sort messages by category, topic, and chronological order.
- Tag and colour-code messages of interest.
- Choose whether to receive all IMMeForum emails, only tagged posts, only posts to which you replied, or no emails at all.
As of Saturday, September 1, at 12:00 AM EDT, the email address firstname.lastname@example.org will no longer be in service. Please send your emails to the following address instead: email@example.com.
All messages posted before the transition can be found under the Category “IMMeForum Archive (Pre-September 2018).”
Please send enquiries related to the IMMeForum to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To access the IMMeCentre:
- Upon successful login to CAPIC Connect, click on "IMMeCentre" on your Dashboard.
- Review the Terms and Conditions of Use, then click on "Accept Terms & Launch IMMeCentre" to proceed to the IMMeCentre's main page.
- ImmQuest: to access articles on case law and court decisions.
- Articles: to review articles on a given topic.
- Knowledge Cloud: to access contact information from government departments and government policies and records.
- Education Corner: to watch non-CPD seminar videos from the past.
Please send enquiries related to the IMMeCentre to email@example.com.